Tuesday, December 20, 2016

3rd Grade: "Starry Night" Winter Wonderland

When I stumbled upon this painting by an artist named Kathy Stove, I knew it would be such a fun winter project. I loved the colors she used as well as the way she painted the sky. It reminded me of Vincent van Gogh's "Starry Night".


I thought what an interesting way to introduce "Starry Night". The third grade students seemed to love this project, although some found it to be very messy. We worked with chalk pastels and oil pastel, which as you may know, smudge ALOT. They worked great for a fun whimsical project though and to learn how to work with new materials. The results were breath taking. The beauty and simplicity of children's art really shows in these drawings. What do you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment